OverviewPublic Works is responsible for maintaining the City’s public highways, stormwater drainage and sanitary sewer systems. It also manages:
The City’s water system is managed by the Water Department; they operate separately from the Dept. of Public Works.
- Road repair and construction program
- Solid waste collection and disposal system
- On street parking & parking meters
- Weirs boardwalk and public docks
- Plumbing permits and inspections
- Driveway permits and inspections
- Right-of-Way hazard tree program
- The maintenance of the City’s vehicles
Solid Waste DisposalLaconia is a member of the Concord Regional Solid Waste Resource Recovery Cooperative which operates a waste-to-energy incinerator to dispose of the solid waste from 17 communities.
To determine those weeks that the recycling is picked-up and the holidays that delay service, we encourage residents to use the curbside collection schedule.
Sewage DisposalLaconia is a member of the Winnipesaukee River Basin Program which operates and maintains a regional wastewater collection system and treatment plant that serves nine communities in the lakes region.